Dear JLLA Community,
We have spent the past two weeks thoroughly researching and monitoring the rapidly changing Coronavirus (COVID-19) health issue that has affected the global community. We have made every decision with thoughtful consideration and discussion regarding how to mitigate any impact on our projects, programs, and events while continuing to keep the health and safety of our members, staff, family members, and those we serve, as our top priority.
We are going to take precautionary measures to continue to protect the well-being of the JLLA community. JLLA’s plan is as follows:
Postpone upcoming major events until further notice
- Civic Leadership Forum, March 21 at The California Club
- Touch-A-Truck™, April 4 at Westfield Fashion Square in Sherman Oaks
Stop ALL programming through April 30, which includes but is not limited to
- Direct Service Projects with Alliance for Children’s Rights, Children’s Bureau, Happy Trails, Mar Vista Family Center, and United Friends of the Children
- Done in A Days with Aviva, the Emporium, and the Heart of Los Angeles (HOLA)
- Community Improvement Project with Youth Emerging Stronger (YES)
- Training and education seminars
We are aware that JLLA programming may not meet the City or County’s threshold of a large meeting but feel strongly that the safety of the JLLA community comes first.
On behalf of the Board of Directors, Management Council, members, and staff, we would like to thank you for your commitment to the health and safety of the JLLA community. We are all immensely grateful for the consideration and compassion of our community during this difficult time. We hope you and your families stay healthy and well!
Ricci V. Ramos