A prospective member is encouraged to attend a New Member Orientation to obtain the Membership Application and Course Outline.
1. She must complete the application form and return it to Rainey House by the deadline of August 8, 2018.
2. Pay League dues of $298.00 due by August 8, 2018 ($143 JLLA Dues, $43 Association of Junior Leagues International, Inc. (AJLI) Dues, $25 Rainey House Operations Fund Assessment, $87 New Member Course Fee)
3. Complete the New Member Program, which consists of a comprehensive training series that allows her to learn about our League structure and programs, including the following:
- Attendance at the New Member Retreat to be held on August 18, 2018 at the Skirball Cultural Center
- Attendance at the New Member Project Kickoff on a Saturday, date to be determined in January 2019
- Six (6) New Member Neighborhood Meetings
- Attendance at three of six General Meetings
- 1 of the meetings must be the Annual Meeting/New Member Graduation in May
- New Member Project focusing on literacy on a Saturday in March/April 2019
- Six (6) Community Service Hours
- Three (3) hours are received for completion of the New Member Project
- One (1) Site Visit to a JLLA Community Project
- Six (6) Development Service Hours
- Two (2) hours must be earned working a shift during the Harvest Boutique or Spring fundraisers
- Two (2) Training Credits
- One (1) training credit received for attendance at the New Member Retreat
All New Members must complete the program during their New Member year to graduate to Active Membership in the following League year.
4. Purchase or sell one (1) ticket to one of two JLLA fundraisers:
Harvest Boutique on Sunday, November 18, 2018
Spring Fundraiser – Spring 2019
For reference, price of a general admission ticket in 2017-2018 was $125 – $175.
5. 2018-19 Active Member Dues of $266.00 due March 1, 2019