VIP Flavors of Farmers Market Tour – A Taste of LA History
Saturday, September 8, 2018 – 6pm-7:30pm
Meeting & Parking Instructions
Thank you for joining us for our 1.5 hour VIP Flavors of Farmers Market Tour. Below are some pertinent details and information regarding the tour. If after reading through this information you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me, Lisa, at 424-247-9666 or email me at Lisa@MeltingPotTours.com or your Southwest Exchange contact, Mary Beth Ferrante at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847.508.1026.
We will be departing from the JW Marriott Hotel Lobby at 5:15pm
Meeting Location: The tour is scheduled to depart promptly at 6:00pm from beneath the tallest Farmers Market clock tower located next to the parking lot on the north perimeter of the Market (near the Cost Plus store – NOT the shorter clock tower near Starbuck’s). Your tour guides will meet you there; the tour guides will be holding clipboards with the Melting Pot Food Tours logo clearly visible. In the event you have trouble finding the tour leaders, please call 310-200-3679 for help. Please allow ample time to arrive on time and disembark, as the tour is carefully timed with multiple merchants along the way.
Important Notice: Please refer to the directions and map below for getting to the Farmers Market.
Due to the advanced preparation required for this tour, last minute additions and special dietary requests cannot be accepted.
What to Wear: Participants will be on their feet for a fair bit of the 1.5 hours, so please wear comfortable walking shoes. Casual, comfortable clothing is appropriate for this tour. Though the Farmers Market is almost all undercover, if there is rain in the forecast, we encourage you to wear appropriate rain gear and shoes.
What to Bring: Feel free to bring cameras and video cameras, but please ask the tour guides before video taping.
- We will provide each person a bottle of water at the start of the tour.
- There are restrooms at Farmers Market.
- Much as we love animals, no pets of any kind are allowed due to the number of food establishments we visit during the course of the tour.
Detailed Directions to the Farmers Market – 6333 W. 3rd Street, Los Angeles 90036
From the 405 Freeway northbound and southbound:
- Exit at Santa Monica Blvd.
- Head east on Santa Monica Blvd for approx. 3.5 miles.
- Bear right onto Beverly Blvd & proceed for approx. 2 miles to Fairfax Avenue.
- Turn right onto Fairfax Avenue and enter one of the Farmers Market parking lots just past CBS studios on your left.
From the 10 (Santa Monica) Freeway eastbound and westbound:
- Exit at Fairfax Avenue.
- Head north on Fairfax Avenue for approx. 2.5 miles until you cross 3rd Street.
- Enter one of the Farmers Market parking lots on your immediate right just past 3rd Street.
From the 101 (Hollywood) Freeway southbound:
- Exit at Highland Avenue proceeding south (you can only go south on Highland).
- Proceed on Highland approx. 2.5 miles to Beverly Blvd.
- Turn right onto Beverly Blvd and proceed for approx. 1.25 miles to Fairfax Avenue.
- Turn left onto Fairfax Avenue and enter one of the Farmers Market parking lots just past CBS Studios on your left.
From Orange County:
- Take the 405 Freeway northbound to the 10 (Santa Monica) Freeway eastbound and follow 10 Freeway directions above.
- Alternatively, take the 5 Freeway northbound to the 60 (Pomona) Freeway westbound which merges with the 10 Freeway westbound, and follow the 10 Freeway directions above.
By public transportation (bus or rail):
- From the Hollywood/Highland Metro Rail Red Line* station board Metro Bus 217 (or Metro Rapid Bus 780 Monday-Fridays only).
- Take the bus ($1.75 fare) directly to the Farmer’s Market at Fairfax and 3rd Street.
- In order to arrive for the tour on time, you will need to board the bus by 9:00am on Friday and 8:45am on Saturday. For other arrival times, check www.mta.net.
From downtown Los Angeles:
- Take the Metro Rail Red Line* (North Hollywood train) to the Hollywood/Highland Metro Rail station ($1.75 fare).
- Follow the “from Hollywood” directions above.
From the San Fernando Valley:
- Take the Metro Bus 901 Orange Line* ($1.75 fare) which originates at Warner Center Station to the North Hollywood Red Line* station.
- Take the Metro Rail Red Line towards Union Station ($1.75 fare). Exit at Hollywood/Highland station.
- Follow the “from Hollywood” directions above.
*For MTA bus & rail routing and timetables, visit www.mta.net.
$4 for Parking is in one of the Farmers Market parking lots. Enter the parking lot from Fairfax Avenue (north of 3rd Street, south of Beverly Blvd). Parking is free for the first 2 hours (we provide the validation), the third hour, and $1 for each 15 minutes thereafter. Parking will cost approximately $4 if you depart when the tour ends.
Melting Pot Food Tours 424-247-9666 www.meltingpottours.com