Established in 2009, the Junior League of Los Angeles’ Public Policy Institute (PPI) is an award-winning program that helps Junior League and community members enhance their effectiveness in the nonprofit arena by deepening their understanding of advocacy and relevant public policy issues. Other Junior League members worldwide and non-Junior League members are invited to attend PPI sessions as individual training.
Once participants complete all 5 sessions they will be awarded a PPI certificate. Participants have 2 years to complete all 5 sessions to receive a certificate indicating completion of the program. Participants who do not complete all 5 sessions in 2 years will need to complete the process again.
Learn more about registration.
The curriculum consists of the following sessions:
1. Session 1: Intro to Advocacy – Wednesday, September 27, 2023
2. Session 2: City & County Government – Wednesday, October 18, 2023
3. Session 3: State & Federal Government – Wednesday, November 29, 2023
4. Session 4: Appointments to Boards and Commissions – Wednesday, February 28, 2024
5. Session 5: Advocacy in Action – Wednesday, March 13, 2024